Sunday, October 3, 2010

Scrapbook Boutique Colour Challenge - believe

Here's my entry to Scrapbook Boutique Colour Challenge - pink, brown and white.  These aren't colours I would use together normally but the final card looks okay, I guess. In fact, it's better than I expected.

I used a base of brown to begin with. I ran the card through my Cuttlebug (I so so so love this thing now) with a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder - patchwork. A Spellbinder scallop circle die has been used to cut the white card as well as a stencil. The white card was coloured by sponging on distress inks: Frayed Burlap, Spun sugar and Worn Lipstick. I found spun sugar too light so I decided to add some worn lipstick. I also stamped it with some Tim Holtz stamps (Regal Flourish and Lost & Found sets).

I just wrapped some brown twine over this and glued on some white pearls for added interest; I don't use pearls much - have had these for years!

It didn't take me long to do and it was fun. I'm really enjoying doing challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment