Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scrapbook Boutique September Challenge

Here's my second entry to the Scrapbook Boutique September Challenge using pink, lilac, white and green.


This was fun, fun, fun to do.

I used a Stampin Up Sizzix embossing die - really gorgeous impression.

Then, I sponged on some Tim Holtz distress inks: spun sugar, dusty concord and shabby shutters, leaving some white bit to suit the challenge requirements. And to give it a bit of a shimmer, I sprayed on some Perfect Pearls mixed with water, using a mini-mister.

Spraying the sponged-on distress inks actually did 2 things:

(1) give a shimmery effect
(2) blend the colours better for a water colour effect.

I love this technique....watch Tim Holtz do it in the embedded video.

Again, all these products - apart from the SU die - are available from Scrapbook Boutique.

No comments:

Post a Comment