Monday, August 30, 2010

First Post - First Challenge

I created this blog to hold my creative products. Having gone part-time, I have more time to indulge my hobbies. Mostly, this has been card-making but I do hope to get back into scrapbooking and sewing.

First post here is for the Scrapbook Botique challenge to use a minimum of 2 diecuts.

This card uses the Tim Holtz Sizzix Die - Caged Bird. The banner is just a portion of the die and it has been stamped with the message "It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds". Drawing on this as inspiration, I stamped using watermark ink and Perfect Pearls. I've also sponged the banner and the background cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Scattered Straw.

I used the silhouette image in black cardstock as a shadow for the "blue" bird stamped with Kaisercraft's music sheet stamp. I think this technique makes it look quite effective actually - sort of 3D without being bulky. I didn't want to use foam adhesives because of the the really skinny parts of the bird die-cut.

The easiest part of making this card is doing the die-cuts; that's what dies are for! The hardest part was composition as I had no real plan to begin with.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment